Friday, July 01, 2005

Summer continues!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but "the coffee business" has kept me so buisy that I haven't had time for much but making coffee and sleeping. Most days I have to be at work before 7 am, sometimes even as early as 4:45 am! My job is so much fun and all the people I work with are great, so it is really nice because the time flies while I'm working. I can't even think about counting minutes...I'm lucky if I get to look at the clock once or twice. I have attempted to start my summer reading, but it hasn't happened yet. It is hard for me to start a book, but I know that once I get into it I will not want to do anything else but read. I plan to begin practicing violin next week because I will have to prepare for the Baylor Symphony auditions, which are in August. I also would like to continue my study of German so I can take that CLEP test at the end of the summer. The book I've been trying to start is "The Heavenly Man". I don't know the name of the author offhand, but it is about Christian Brother Yun (I think), who is/was a persecuted Christian in China. I'm looking forward to reading it very much. Anyway, I thought I'd just give an update. Hope all of your summers are going well!

2 comments:

crossblade said...

good to know u having a fun time at work..
my first real job wasnt..lol breaking up my head over some horrible codes
---
anyway..there is this book by Richard Wumbrand called Tortured for Christ or something...
I read it while in school..guess thats the name
every christian who lives in a free country( i mean where u have relegious freedom )shud read it
there is a book by his wife too
I forgot the name
try getting em if u can
they are wonderful

Ruth said...

Thank you, I will see if I can find it. :) I can't imagine living in a country where you don't have freedom of religion. Do you have to hide your Christianity in India?