Friday, December 01, 2006

Yes, I was tagged :)

Here are 25 things I want to do before I die. They are not necisarrily in order of importance, just as I think of them...

1. Perform as a soloist in Carnegie Hall
2. Live in New York City for a year
3. Move to Germany and impact the hearts of a fatherless nation
4. To be fluent in German instead of having to think so hard about it
5. To love a husband as Christ loves the Church
6. To be a mom with lots of little boys
7. To play the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor with an orchestra
8. To understand myself
9. Learn to bless people by being a graceful woman of God
10. See my dad cry at my wedding
11. Live in Israel
12. Read "City of God" and understand it completely
13. Adopt a child
14. Spend a summer hiking in Colorado
15. Lead many to Christ
16. Marry a man of God
17. Be concertmaster of the New York Philharmonic, Berlin Philharmonic, or Vienna Symphony
18. Watch a studio of young students grow to be wonderful musicians
19. Teach violin in Germany
20. Have a baby
21. Love God with a fullness and faithfulness I have not yet known
22. Become someone who is known as a Christ follower
23. Watch the four seasons change (you'll understand if you live in Texas where the first cold front hit yesterday, November 30)
24. Teach a son to be a leader who will change the world
25. Learn to live simply

There you go :)
I'm going to tag some I haven't heard from in a while:
Take Joy and Crossblade

3 comments:

V said...

Ooooh!
When I was starting out this tag, I had no clue I would have the immense coincidental fortune of seeing someone write something like point 7!

That is one of my favourite pieces my Mendelssohn, too!

Sumedh

Ruth said...

I can't comment on your blog, so I'll reply here:
Thank you. That is my favorite concerto and so far the only one I've played in its entirety. I just finished a competition with it.
I like your dream for an amazing violin. You could always get a Stradivarious :) That's what I dream of playing.

V said...

Oh...I'm sorry for that.Since I am very free now, for more than a month to come, I was rennovating my website and configuring it properly.So maybe that's why you weren't able to comment.
It should be all set fairly soon now.

Wow!I haven't yet tried it fully, but only a part, as I don't have the full score.Though yes, we should always dream of owning a Strad, but then sometimes its just better to be realistic :)