Saturday, July 05, 2008

Material For Sacrifice

The feelings in my heart change each day
but my striving to find what fills, what satisfies, never changes.
It's never enough that I walk away, feeling the ache in my heart
Holding tight to that ache, hoping it will satisfy.

I hold out my empty hands, hoping to receive consolation
but they are not empty, they hold my heart,
and I know I must offer it back to You.

Lovingly, you look down at my palms and whisper,
"I will not fill them, for they are already full
of material for sacrifice."
Lay this, your heart, at my feet.

So I lay it down as my tears wash it clean,
but before my heart can even touch the alter,
Your hands meet mine and receive the sacrifice.
The hands that suffered so much protect my heart today.

And tomorrow, my hands are full again,
of material for sacrifice.

No comments: