Thursday, January 19, 2006

Swing dancing and being stood up...

Somehow I always end up getting guys to committ to come to swing club, then they don't show up, so I get stuck dancing with guys I don't know who are either weird, scarry, intimidating, or very sweet (I do make a point to say there are quite a few of the last kind) . But there must be some kind of reasoning to explain why the guys I want to come don't (and never mention why). Is there some kind of guy radar that says "this girl wants me to come, so I better not". Well, I apologise for my rants. Just the experience of the night. I am still in the learning process of this "guy friend" thing. It's a lot of work! :)

3 comments:

Queen Mum said...

Hi, I'm Queen of Arts mum. I have been reading your blog for awhile now and I like your stories.

If you lived near Nashville I'd ask you where to go swing dancing. There is a large group of us planning on going sometime.

Dancing is a far reach for some guys. They are so afraid that if they mess up it will ruin what someone sees them as (ego alert). Then there are those like my son Lukolas who loves a good time and has fun wherever he goes, not caring what others think. I wish I could be like that. Hope it all works out. Have fun!

crossblade said...

well yes the idea of having a friend of the opposite sex is very subtle..I'm still learning a lot on the same....
God bless you Ruth

Thomas

Queen Mum said...

Corssblade.. Hi. Imagine finding you here. Yes, you are learning a lot. You are one the most awesome people I know. We love to travel, and we go to India, you'll have to show us around. Good luck with the opposite sex. you are on the right track because you care so much about what God thinks. Love you.