Thursday, May 04, 2006

The End

There comes a time in life when we realize that we have achieved a goal. For the past two years mine has been to graduate with my associates degree. Tonight I realized that the time is very close....only 5 days! Today I took my last final and tomorrow I have my exit recital. I am so excited! I have been dreaming the past few days about walking onto that stage in my gorgeous evening gown, my hair a pile of curls, and I confess not thinking enough about bringing light into the darkenss. Instead, I've been thinking of how beautiful I will be and how I will leave an impression. Yes, I know that everyone will say I'm wonderful, but what is important is that I give glory to the Father. He gave me this gift and he could take it away at any time. So tonight I repent of my selfishness and take a new step forward - a step toward freedom. When I walk onto that stage tomorrow night I will not shine because I look beautiful, I will shine because His light radiates from deep within my soul. I KNOW HIM! That's what I want everyone to see. There is a man named Jesus who loves me and I can express his glory through music. That is the impression that I want to leave and with that I say goodnight. I feel tonight that a huge burden has been lifted. I have hit a mark and now it's time to move on to the next goal, but in between - finally - there will be time to breathe. I didn't realize until just now how much I need that time.

"Be still and know that I am God..."

1 comment:

Queen Mum said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. Oh, I bet you were beautiful and I wish my whole family could have been there. Most of all you WERE and ARE beautiful and gifted for His glory. OK, breathe....and have a great summer. Queeny left for Portugal this morning. Please, if you think about it, pray for her.