Friday, June 16, 2006

How you spend your time = who you become

I've realized recently that the more I spend time with different people, the more I become like them. I learn things, lots of things. Some good, some bad, some just preferences, but either way I change all the time. I think that's the essence of who we are as human beings. The first people who influence you are your parents. They shape you in a way no other people can. Then you gradually begin to change, you start to challenge them and yourself to be different, to grow, and hopefully to allow God to mold you His way. But even if you've surrendered yourself to Him molding you there are still physical choices you have to make to stay in obedience to that. The biggest one is your choice of friends. If you want Him to change your heart and shape it to be like His you have to choose friends who are also seeking after Him. Thier hearts longing for the Spirit will draw yours to Christ also and you will be encouraged and uplifted, even on the worst of days. Like I was tonight...I had such a wonderful day yesterday but all my happiness couldn't get me through todays crisis. Yet, somehow, I was able to go to a crazy movie and just laugh witht two dear friends. Yes, when the movie ended my heart remembered my troubles, but the laughter has made me feel better and somehow the light has begun to creep back in.

Please pray for Dad because of his heart. We all need the Lord's wisdom right now. We also could use a lot of peace. I don't really want to put any more info up just because I don't like the internet, but you can call me if you want more details on how to pray. Thank you so much!

4 comments:

crossblade said...

very true...
I am soo with you on this one!!!
God be with you..
remember me in your prayers

crossblade said...

heyy Leigh Nash as in the lead singer of Sixpence none the richer

and the wife of one of PFRs memebers...shes someone with a wonderful testimony...
check out sixpences website

crossblade said...

I sure will be praying for you Dad..
do mail me if there are any payer points

Eucharisto said...

Hey, praying for your Dad. Thanks for all the comments on various blogs and such. I've obviously not commented for a while, here, all normal apologies. How's life in TX? When do you go back to school?