Friday, June 02, 2006

The seen and the unseen

There are so many things in life that we can see, yet there is no clear definition for them. On the other hand, there are many unseen things that we as believers have no doubt about. I see it as a simple element of human nature, but kind of backwards. Usually we would like to put our trust in those things that we CAN see, but what if they are not reliable? I think this realization, the realization that we can't trust these visible objects, is what has brought us to our knees before an unseen God. As a believer I find it much easier to have "blind" faith than to seek out the issues. To some extent this complete trust is good, but it can also be taken too far. God gave us amazing minds that He intended for us to use to seek Him and study His words. It seems I am rambling, but I have just been thinking a lot about spiritual warfare. I had one specific instance in my life where I was very confused, but in a moment my dad identified my problem as an attack of the enemy and clarity immediately covered the situation. Problem solved! All I had to do was realize that I was warring not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities. It is kind of an odd feeling to know that there are spiritual beings all around us, and not just there, but actively fighting a battle. We have a choice to either engage in this battle, or to ignore its existence. It is easy to forget this reality, but it seems that God never fails to remind us when we need to remember the most. Thank you for allowing me to sort out my thoughts. I hope you can make some sense of them :)

1 comment:

Eucharisto said...

Hey, great post. Very insightful. It's so true that we have to be aware of the battle raging around us in our souls, even when our bodies live in a peaceful world.

I listened to that guy from MS. Awesome music, really liked it. Hope he's making leeway in his quest to find an audience.

Hope all's well!