Saturday, January 13, 2007


I realized something today. I was watching a movie and Colin Firth (of course) said "I like you...just as you are." Well, I lost it and haven't stopped crying since. I think that I've put up such a good mask that I can't even see what I'm feeling. Only today I told a friend that I'm doing great in my pursuit of singleness, enjoying my love relationship with Jesus. I am really content where I am and I have lots of plans for the future. I do want a husband, but I realize that I'm young and I can wait. But tonight I realized just how much my heart aches for someone to love me. I have an awesome father and so many friends and family who love me dearly, but they are not my promised one. There is a place in my heart that only the one God has set aside for me can fill and I'm still waiting for him. Waiting...It seems like such a passive word, but it is really a knife that cuts deep into the heart. Waiting means trusting, it means serving, and it means listening. It means being willing to sacrifice your own ideas and timeline for that of your omnicient Creator. So here I am...waiting. I don't know how long it will be, but I do know that my promised one is waiting too.
I am willing to wait

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I ran across your blog from a random google search (talk about serendipitous!). I read this post and it touched my heart...I'll be praying for you on this. :)