Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It is Time

The time has come for us to love as Jesus loves us. We are called and chosen to spread the knowledge of our lord to the ends of the earth. Why, then are we still here? Practicing maybe? Getting ready to go in wise preparation or just delaying the departure? I'm ready to go now. My German is not ready and I don't think that my hands are ready either, but my heart is ready. There is only one thing I wonder about...when? I know I am called to music, to Germany, to be married, to be persecuted, but only God sees the order, the time and place of each directed path of my life. How I wish I could see the big picture now! Tomorrow I go to class and I study, this weekend I go to a baseball game, in several weeks I'll have a recital, and in a year maybe I'll be a missionary or maybe I'll still be here, living as I live now. The only thing I'm sure of is that I want with all of my heart to love Him. Sometimes I doubt my ability to do even that. This I know: He will prepare me, He will show me when the time is right, and He will work through me because on my own I can do nothing. I wish only, my dear friends, that I was not so fatally flawed as to fail in following Him every day. How many times will I have to hear that it's not about me to realize it? Oh my Jesus, teach me to be a true Christ follower. This is life - to follow Christ. It is time.

2 comments:

Queen Mum said...

My dear, you're a gifted writer. I'm thankful you are using the blog world as an outlet to let us into your world. How did the recital go? I'm sure you were wonderful. QM

Queen Mum said...

Thanks for letting me know I had the date wrong. I will put it on my calendar so we can pray for you. It's right around the corner.