Friday, April 06, 2007

Letting Go

When I get an idea about my future, plans I may have or places I want to go, I often grab hold of it with such fierceness that not even the word of God can rip it from my mind. Often several months later I realize that it was simply an idea and that I let myself run away with plans and dreams that were not His. That is what happened with my dream of going to Germany directly after I graduate. I know that I will go eventually, but God showed me that I was running ahead of Him with that idea. Much the same thing has happened in the past week. I realized that the main reason I was trying to play in a festival this summer was because I feel like I'm behind. It is expected by "them" that I would have participated in a major festival by now, and since this is my last summer before my senior year I feel very pressured to get everything done. I decided yesterday to let go of what others expect of me and simply follow the Lord's leading for this summer. I am auditioning for one festival and if I get in I will know it was God, because it is a world wide competition (for the Austrian American Mozart Academy during the Mozart Festival in Salzburg). I feel so free knowing that God has amazing plans for me this summer, even if that means doing office work in Waco. He knows what is best for my life...and I am learning patience and trust by the boatload :) I am so thankful that my Savior paid the price for my sin and takes the time to lead my life day by day. Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments: