Friday, March 23, 2007

Changing Seasons

I feel a slight sadness that I would not expect to be mixed with all the joyful, wonderful and happy feelings on my birthday. I am sad to leave my teenage years behind because in some special way they symbolize childhood, and I'm not sure that I'm ready for the monumental work Christ has prepared for me. I do rest in this comfort that He has also prepared me for this work. I'm ready to move forward into adulthood, but still holding on to that little girl within me. I think she will allways be there inside of me somewhere.

I know that the age of eighteen is traditionally when one becomes an adult, but I have decided that in my life it was more of an "adult trial period". I felt like so much of an adult when I turned eighteen, but the things the Lord has brought me through in the past two years have shaped me so much that I don't even recognize that girl who was finishing her freshman year, and now I'm moving into my senior year. I think that, yes, I am sad to leave a part of my childish innocense behind, but I know that a part of walking with Christ is experiencing changing seasons, and this new season will be more exciting than I could ever imagine. I will follow Him wherever He leads me, and as I walk I hope that I can find the strength to hold my tongue, quiet my mind, and listen to His voice speak to my heart. I can feel Him reawakening the dreams of my heart!

No comments: