Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Day for Dreaming

I'm sitting at the computer (yes, I really am...) and wishing my homeowork away. Today feels like a day for dreaming. I want to go walk in the fields and just listen to God. I'm listening to a song called The Silent Side and just desiring above all things to listen to the voice of my Creator.
Today I have been thinking a lot about how the passions that develop within us are not accidental. Where we put the best of our energies and time and effort, there will our passions be. Does this sound familiar? "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." I don't think I've ever looked at it this way before, though. I think that my Creator is calling me back to Himself. My heart hurt to realize that I have put the best of myself into my music. This is the best part, though...falling in love is not accidental!!! I've been wondering how to fall in love with Jesus, thinking that it would just happen one day. The truth is, when I choose to give Him the best of myself, then my passions will be there, where He is. I can choose to fall in love with Him! Wow...when I realize these things it seems to me that I should have known them all along, and maybe I did, but now I can express them. My mind is wandering...oh that spring break started this week! Keep listening to the voice of God :)
Ruth

2 comments:

Tuesday's Child said...

A grace-filled thought. I so agree. I have often found that I feel distant or separated from God in direct proportion to the time I seek Him. He seems near and loving when I am meeting with Him every day. Hope your spring break is full of such thoughts!

Queen Mum said...

We love our CD he made us on a visit to Oregon. My grand daughter, Arianna loves to sing that song. Well, today is the 8th, I'll be praying for you and wish we could be there. Hey, I think Luke (Lukolas blog) is going to Belmont University for pre-med.

Knock em' dead! Queen Mum