Sunday, March 11, 2007

Eclecticness...

There is a thunderstorm outside and I am enjoying it very much. I just saw "The Ultimate Gift". It is very inspiring, and although they mostly left God out of the story, the values of work, friendship, family, and love were very well expressed. I'm feeling kind of eclectic right now...I think it's because mom and dad have been gone for so long and, although I've spent some time with Grandma I feel like I've been by myself since Tuesday. Also, I feel like I've been lost in thought since Tuesday. I love what is said of Daniel in his book, chapter 7, verse 28, "...As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me and my countenance changed, but I kept the matter in my heart." Daniel felt the pain and fears of his situation (after having seen an amazing vision) but his heart remained steadfast. He stood firm. In my very eclectic mood I wrote a song with, I must say, a very basic chord progression, but the words are from my heart. I thought you might like to read it.

You were my first love
You were the one who wanted me
You were my wounded heart
The one who gave me eyes to see

And You are still here
in all my sorrows and all my pain
You still love me
even though I walked away

You are my comfort
The one who holds me when I cry
You are my heart beat
Even if I should die

And You are still here
when I hurt and when I cry
You give me joy
in everything in this hard life

You were my first love...

No comments: